When you go out camping, you need your phone to stay charged for calls and to have your camera for pictures to create memories. Having lots of lights around is always a plus, as is a tablet or laptop.
All this is necessary even though most of the best places to go for a hike lack an electricity connection. This is no longer a problem thanks to improvements in battery and solar technology. What you need is a solar generator power station.
The problem is the market is being flooded with all different brands, shapes and sizes of portable solar power generators, so finding one that suits your needs can be a challenge.
In this article is the SUAOKI Portable Power Station Solar Generator Review. We discuss its key features, as well as some of its Pros and Cons that may help you decide if this power station is your best choice for camping and hiking.
The SUAOKI Portable Solar Generator features the following important features;
• The battery has a generous capacity of 150Wh 40500mAh
• It features 3 x 5V USB ports, 110V AC output and 4 x 12V DC outlets. Use these power outlets to charge all the items that you have with you.
• The device features three recharging methods, that is, up to 8 hours using 110V AC wall socket, SUAOKI 100W or 60W solar panel or direct sunlight, and the 12V DC car socket. The charging cables are inclusive in the package.
• The generator passed the UL certification, meaning that it’s safe for use and very reliable. It also features a Battery Management System for temperature and voltage control. The LED screen does allow you to monitor the charging process and avoid any possible damages.
• It also comes with a 24-month warranty and a 30-day cash back guarantees. The company does also offer lifetime support and assures you of a 100% customer satisfaction.
The generator has a lot of its advantages as seen from the above features. These include;
- The large battery capacity allows you to charge all your devices before recharging the battery.
- The three types of outputs help you to power types of electronic devices and at the same time, therefore, staying connected all through.
- The three methods of recharging the generator increase its effectiveness. The solar energy is always available, and consequently, you can carry the generator wherever you go.
- The 2.9 lbs are light enough to take the generator wherever you go.
- The lifetime support ensures that you have somewhere to run to whenever you need technical help.
- The only real downside is that the lithium power cells in this portable power generator can be prone to weakening if they are kept in below-freezing temperatures.
- But this is true with all lithium-based power stations, so it’s not an issue that is exclusive to this unit. If you are camping in extremely cold weather you might consider a power station with a NimH or lead-acid battery instead.
The SUAOKI Portable Power Station Solar Generator We Reviewed was a solid performer and did not let us down. It’s compact size and lightweight make it a great choice for camping and other outdoor adventures.