Access to electricity when out camping, hiking, or exploring the outdoors is always a challenge. Let’s face it, there aren’t many power outlets out in the woods! Luckily there are several top-rated solar power banks that can be bought for $500 and under.
Even better, many of these top-performing solar generators are bristling with features and are available in compact formats for fast and easy mobility.
Solar power generators have evolved gradually both in price and quality over the years. Portable solar power generators are reliable, fast, and safe to use during outdoor activities where electricity is not available at hand.
Deciding on the particular generator to use is not easy as different generators come with varying features. When choosing the most appropriate generator to use, buyers take into consideration these features.
Some of these features include input and output capacity, charging options, and warranty.
- A power output of 110V/500W AC
- 2BMS system managing over-temperature, over-voltage and offers over-current protection ensuring that you can charge even sensitive devices, e.g., laptop
- Multiple rechargeable options such as using a carport within 16 hours both off-road and on-road, using an AC outlet for eight hours or under the full sun for 14 hours using a solar panel of 100W.
This generator contains a lithium battery that has a high output and can charge multiple devices simultaneously, making it one of the best emergency-generator choices when setting out for outdoor adventures. Its features include;
- 3 USB ports, one USD-C port, two DC ports, one carport, and two wall outlets.
- It has a 540Wh battery capacity.
- A 110V/500W AC output.
- It is 20% lighter and 25% more compact than other generators with similar capacity.
- Can charge through various ways; through solar panels, wall charging, and using car charging cable.
- It has a 100% guarantee accompanied by a one year warranty.
- It comes with two AC outlets, four USB ports, and three Dc ports and can safely charge a maximum of nine devices.
- It is a compact and lightweight generator making it easy to carry around.
- It has an immense power capacity of 540Wh-1000W with a 500W continuous power supply.
- It is rechargeable via AC wall outlet, carport, and solar panel.
- It has an output of 110V.
- It has a built-in MPPT for optimized charging.
- Has an LCD to keep track of battery usage.
- It has two AC outlets and can power a device up to 3000W with a 1200W surge.
- A battery countdown timer that shows how much time is left for it to be wholly charged or drained.
- Its battery cells have comprehensive protection to avoid short-circuiting and protect charging devices.
- It has a 60W USB-C PD Port ensuring that it can charge any USB-C compatible devices.
- Has a one 12Vpower output and 12V standard male adapters to charge other devices.
The Rockpal generator is well suited for outdoor activities such as camping and weekend adventures due to its high battery capacity. Some of its features include;
- Has Pure Sine Wave technology to protect devices charging through it.
- It has temperature control, circuit, and overcharge protection.
- It contains a 240WH battery power capacity.
- It has an upgraded AC output to supply 250W continuously, two USB, and four DC ports.
- It is rechargeable via three ways, which are through a wall outlet, plugging into a car socket, and using a compatible solar panel.
- Has a battery capacity of 1500Wh and can charge devices of not more than 1000W.
- Has a built-In LG battery cell.
- It contains multiple outputs: two AC outlets, one DC, one PD Type-C for USB-C compatible devices.
- It is rechargeable in three different ways: through compatible solar panels, wall outlets, and plugging into a carport.
- It has a battery management system, an LCD screen, an MPPT Solar Charing, and inclusive of an MC4 solar charging cable.
- It has multiple charging ports, which include four DC outputs, two AC outlets, one QC 3.0 USB, and three USB ports.
- It is rechargeable through compatible solar panels, car adapter, and wall charge.
- Has an emergency flashlight
- It has an LED indicator to show the battery status.
- Its design is user-friendly, making it easily portable.
- It runs on a lithium-ion battery.
- It has a battery capacity of 288Wh/500W chargeable to a peak of 100-W.
- It contains a Pure Sine-Inverter and an emergency LED flashlight.
- It comes with an eighteen-month warranty and a 100% guarantee.
- It is rechargeable through wall outlets, carport, and compatible solar panels.
A compact and lightweight design make these solar power banks easily portable and a great choice for any outdoor activities where electricity is sparse or non-existent.
Think about what you plan to charge or power with your generator and make sure the model you select has the appropriate electrical, USB, and other charging ports that you require.
If you’re really going to be “roughing it” consider a waterproof model for additional durability when your out and about. Any of the excellent quality solar generators on this page is a great choice for $500 and under. Buy one and head outside for some adventure and easy solar power on the fly!
If you are low on cash and don’t want to spend in the $500 range for a solar power bank consider checking out our list of the top-rated solar generators for $200 or less. We break down the top models and layout which offer the best features for the money.